Proctor Public Schools is excited to announce that we are developing a new Strategic Plan. We will be inviting the public to join us throughout the process. The Minnesota School Board Association will be leading our Strategic Planning. Look for more information and opportunities for our communities to be involved.
We look forward to partnering with you!
The Strategic Planning Process:
1) On August 16, 2019, the School Board and Proctor Administration met with Gail Gilman and Terry Quist from the MSBA Strategic Planning Team to discuss the process that the District would follow during the planning.
2) Surveys were launched, asking external and internal candidates to share both strengths and opportunities throughout the District on September 3rd with a completion deadline of September 20th.
337 External Stakeholders participated
108 Internal Stakeholders participated
3) Listening Sessions were scheduled on September 17th and September 18th to allow diverse groups the opportunity to share their vision for the future of the Proctor School District. Listening Sessions Groups were:
Faculty and Staff
School Board Members
Each listening session lasted approximately 1 1/2 hours
4) Strategic Planning Committee Work:
The next step involved creating a Strategic Planning Committee consisting of 35-40 members with the intended makeup of 60% external stakeholders and 40% internal stakeholders. The Strategic Planning Committee will meet three times to develop the focus for the District over the next three to five years.
Thank you to everyone who participated in the process, and a special thank you to the Strategic Planning Committee for their commitment to our students and our District. We are proud to recognize our Strategic Planning Committee.
Supporting Documents from the Minnesota School Boards' Association used during the Strategic Planning Committee sessions:
5) The plan will be updated with prioritized dates and a completed action plan by the end of December 2019.
6) Our administrative team has tentatively completed the action plan within our 2019-2024 Strategic Plan. Our goal of completing the action plan by the end of December 2019 was accomplished.
We believe this plan will help guide our District while allowing us to review prioritized dates and make adjustments along the way.